tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chong Yu Meng <chon...@cymulacrum.net>
Subject Re: Question on mod_jk2 (working)
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 00:28:33 GMT
Hi Nikola,

I have a write-up on this configuration. Only difference is that I am
using the Falsehope RPMs for Apache instead of Red Hat's. You can access
it at http://cymulacrum.net/tomcat/jk2_compile.html

I think what you are referring to is serverRoot, not serverConf. This is
a reported mistake or typo in the code for jk2. Take note of the files
and the permissions associated with them (see my document), it took me a
while to figure them all out too.

Also, forget about the "Right Way" of doing things. I have found that
with most Open Source products, there is more than one "Right Way" and
many wrong ways to setup and configure stuff. Although you really should
not lock down the server before you finish installing everything. That
can be an exercise in frustration.

Regards,
pascal chong