tomcat-users mailing list archives

From BAO RuiXian <ruixian....@pp.inet.fi>
Subject Re: How to stop the URL comming up?
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:52:46 GMT

Andoni wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am looking for a way to stop my users bookmarking pages in the site.  There is a login
screen and they shouldn't even really be let bookmark this.  I was given someone's card today
an then I went to his site:  http://www.xeotrope.net and when I find that as I look around
the site the url in the URL bar of my browser stays at http://www.xeotrope.net and never includes
the page name.  This means that all bookmarks only bring up the main page.

>Is there any way to do this with apache / Tocmat?

As long as I know, not Apache nor Tomcat can achieve this. But, you can
implement this by using frame to design your web pages. Again, this is
only fool-proof, for experienced users, they can still show your
sub-frame login page in a separate browser by right-clicking the mouse
and then book mark it.

Best

Bao