tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jon Wingfield <jon.wingfi...@mkodo.com>
Subject Re: JDBCRealm problem
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:01:24 GMT
The JDBCRealm does two things:
1) Authenticates the user (by checking password)
2) Authorizes the user (by checking roles)

The logs would seem to imply the JDBC driver is blowing up creating the
prepared statement in the second step (ie reading from the roles table).
I think Tim is right - he usually is - that there is a config problem
with the db or the connection to the db.

A quick google later:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B313181

HTH,

Jon