tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yonatan Goraly <ygor...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Re: Slow on Linux
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:05:03 GMT
I have read that Suse linux team has been working closely with AMD to
support AMD64, and I am going to try their commercial product
(professional edition, $130).
I know that SUN plan to have an AMD64 version for the JDK 1.5, which
should be next year.

The reason for choosing the Linux OS is not Java, but the database. I
plan to use PostgreSQL 7.4, and they have a builds for suse x86_64, so
it looks promising.