tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yonatan Goraly <ygor...@sbcglobal.net>
Subject Slow on Linux
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 07:17:26 GMT
I am in the process of evaluating Linux as a server platform for my
application (this is my first Linux experience).
The environment is:
- Single AMD Opteron 1.8 GHz
- Tyan motherboard with 1 GB memory
- Mandrake Linux 9.2 AMD64 RC1
- SUN JDK 1.4.2_02
- Tomcat 4.29, without Apache web server

The first impression is that the application is extremely slow. I found
out that calling
getServletConfig().getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(url).forward(request,
response); can take about 500 ms (I put one log command before the call,
and the other at the beginning of the forwarded JSP page, so I know that
the only call my application does between the log commands is the
forward call)

Please advise