tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Werner Daum <grenui...@gmx.net>
Subject Tomcat cannot fine java classes
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2003 21:50:13 GMT
Hi,

I have the following problem with tomcat 4.1.27:  my java classes cannot
be found. When I request a JSP which uses a java class, I get messages
like this:

File not found:
'http://134.xxx.yyy.zzz:8080/learnweb/servlet/learnweb.module.admin.userinterface.web.AdminGroupServlet'

In this case the class name is AdminGroupServlet and the corresponding
class file it is located in the directory
/data/htdocs/learnweb/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/webapps/learnweb/WEB-INF/classes/learnweb/module/admin/userinterface/web,

however tomcat doesn't seem to resolve the above URL correcotly.

I tried to request example JSPs which came with tomcat (in
webapps/examples), and they worked, howewer I had no success with my own
classes. When I call startup.sh, I get the following messages:

Using CATALINA_BASE:   /data/htdocs/learnweb/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /data/htdocs/learnweb/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /data/htdocs/learnweb/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/temp
Using JAVA_HOME:       /usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_02
Using CLASSPATH:
/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_02/lib/tools.jar:/data/htdocs/learnweb/jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27/bin/bootstrap.jar

I tried to add the path to my classes to CLASSPATH in catalina.sh, but
after that I could not use tomcat at all. Any ideas, what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Werner Daum