tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rob Augustinus <devi...@siulintao.net>
Subject Re: shared object cache
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 11:50:47 GMT

I have written a PersistenceManager class that handles all database
access and uses the SQLData interface to map java objects to
User Defined Types in the oracle database. Every request now
has to create a new instance of the persistencemanager so there is
no sharing whatsoever. I would like the persistencemanager to look
in the object cache first and if the object is not there retrieve it
from the database. I need a way to keep this cache in memory
so all requests can use the same cache.

i hope this makes things clear..