tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fiol.bon...@terra.es>
Subject Re: When is Tomcat 5 Release version scheduled to come out?
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:41:49 GMT
Hi!

I am a bit deceived about Tomcat (5) clustering with session
replication, and our company is considering (against) its (upcoming)
usage on production systems for high-load environments.

Expectancies were that it would increase reliability AND performance.
Preliminary home-made tests are showing increased reliability(*) but NOT
substantially increased performance (somewhere around 80%-120% depending
on the difficulty of generating the pages). Maybe it's application-specific.

Any comments, opinions, facts, or advice, as well as any related
experiences (good or bad) will be greatly appreciated.

Personally, I would love to see it in production, but I will only push
it forward if I am convinced of its advantages. At the moment, I need
more evidence before making a decision.

Thank you very much.

Antonio Fiol

(*) No sessions lost on crashes.