tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Antonio Fiol BonnĂ­n <fiol.bon...@terra.es>
Subject Re: Sticky sessions and load balancing with apache 2
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:36:01 GMT
Hello,

Please ensure that you are trying to create a fresh new session when
testing.

I usually test load balancing by doing the following:

On every server:
tail -f
a_log_file_that_fills_if_there_is_activity_such_as_catalina.out_or_access.log

On a client:
while true; do wget -O /dev/null
http://apache_server/path/to/context/jsp/or/servlet; done

If you see activity on both logs, load balancing is OK. Never mind
whether you use sticky sessions or not. You are sure that ALL requests
are "fresh new" requests, with no session ID.

If you are using a browser, you have to ensure that you clean your
cookies before each request, which is really embarrassing. Other than
that, you can disable cookies on your browser, and repeatedly hit
"reload" after clearing all cookies once.

HTH,

Antonio Fiol