tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kris Gemborys <maxim...@comcast.net>
Subject How jasper determines when to use default package org.apache.jsp when translating jsps to servlets?
Date Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:08:21 GMT
Tomcat 4.1/Windows XP

I am working on the ant script that should precompile all jsp pages
for a given web application. I used build.xml from Tomcat documentation
as starting point. After running ant I found that some of the translated
and compiled jsp pages are not working.

For some reason when the jsp pages are translated/compiled by
tomcat/jasper runtime the generated servlets sometimes contain package
statement set to the default package like:
package org.apache.jsp;

and sometimes the generated servlet's package statement is determined
based on the physical location of the jsp page in the web application tree.

The build.xml I created always updates generated servlets with the
package statement based on the jsp location in the web application
directory tree.

Ex.

For the jsp located in <webapp>/agentHome the build.xml outputs package
statement

package agentHome;

which causes exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: org/apache/jsp/nbpDefault_jsp (wrong
name: layouts/nbpDefault_jsp)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:249)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher=
.java:684)
……

If the package statement is replaced with

package org.apache.java;

Everything works.

Any suggestions?