tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: How to retreive an application context path from a servlet init()
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 11:53:54 GMT
Back in the day, the servlet spec was meant to be generic that it could
server other protocols (FTP, ...,?) other than HTTP. Fast forward to now,
http is really the only thing that makes sense with respect to the servlet
spec. (There is something called sip, but thats a different story).

Since the ServletContext is part of javax.servlet, it should not know
anything about the Context path. Since that is an HTTP artifact.

-Tim