tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Navanee <hainava...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: Servlets -- help needed
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 07:11:33 GMT
Schalk,

I wrote a java program (HelloWWW.java) and placed the file in this path:
C:\Program Files\jakarta-tomcat-4.1.27\webapps\examples\WEB-INF\classes
I also compiled that java code. Compilation was successful.

I tried to execute that servlet in the browser using this link :
http://localhost:8080/examples/WEB-INF/classes/HelloWWW

But it is giving 404 (file not found) error. Why is it so?

How can i access these files in the browser ..?
Means, what link should i give in the browser ?

-- Navanee