tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: How to read org.apache.jasper.JasperException tracebacks
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:01:47 GMT
Unfortunately in tomcat 4, it doesn't delve deep enough into the nested
exceptions such as Servlet exception to print the real root cause.

As to finding out the real error, see line:
org.apache.jsp.LMSCourseImport_jsp._jspService(LMSCourseImport_jsp.java:451)

Most important is LMSCourseImport_jsp.java:451. So look for a file called
LMSCourseImport_jsp.java in your work directory and line 451.

But you'll probably notice that line 451 is not your code, but code generated
by Jasper. Which is catching an uncaught exception in your code.

So in a nutshell, as a quicky debug you can wrap that jsp in a
try{}catch(Throwable e){e./printStackTrace();}. Emphasis on quicky fix to
debug, not recommended for production.

-Tim