tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: How to read org.apache.jasper.JasperException tracebacks
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 17:43:36 GMT
Typically there are 2 (or more exceptions shown). Usually the "bottom most"
exception is the one your most interested in since that what through the real
exception. The reason is because the JSP catches an exception, wraps it in a
JSPException, and throws it where it is caught by the servlet engine and
rewrapped into another exception (ServletException or appropriate).

-Tim