tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: FORM based authentication pages
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:13:20 GMT
Sorry, tomcat doesn't provide that functionality. A "simple" workaround is to
   keep those pages in a shared area then on site build (I hope your using
ant), copy those files into your webapp.

-Tim

Ricardo GarcĂ­a wrote:

> I have setup Tomcat 4.1 to use FORM based auth, but I've found myself replicating login
and error pages in every context I want to protect. The problem is that the path that point
to the pages in the <login-config> tag in the web.xml file of the context is relative
to the context.

>    <login-config>
>         <auth-method>FORM</auth-method>
>         <realm-name>Form-Based Authentication Area</realm-name>
>         <form-login-config>
>             <form-login-page>/auth/login.html</form-login-page>
>             <form-error-page>/auth/error.html</form-error-page>
>         </form-login-config>
>     </login-config>
>
> Is there a way to put those two pages in a location that is accessible by any context?
If there is, how do I setup my web.xml file?