tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Mulitple webapps vs. multiple instances
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:12:00 GMT
It depends. The one jvm scenario has the possibility of hurting other
customers since one webapp could (try to) hurt another via starvation,
resource hogging etc. But even in diferent jvms, this could be an issue, but
possibly easier to manage.

Personally, I would put each customer in their own instance. But that also
assumes a very small amount of customers. Since many tomcat instances can
cause you to run out of memory quickly.

-Tim