tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: Tomcat Authenticates to AD. How do I access AD variables?
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 00:51:18 GMT
All their data? Do you mean the attributes of the user as stored in Active
Directory? If that is the case - tomcat (or any servlet container) doesn't
provide this functionality. But you can "easily" look it up via some JNDI
calls since you know the name of the user.

Robyne Vaughn wrote:

> My web-app/web.xml fires off a form for authentication when my web-app
> opening .jsp is requested.  After being authenticated the opening .jsp
> fires off.
> In my opening .jsp, how can I get user data from Active Directory?
> For instance, how would I retrieve their Surname, firstname, and e-mail
> address from AD using my .jsp after Tomcat has authenticated them?
> getRemoteUser gives me their login id, but I don't know how to get to
> all their data since I don't know the path along which Tomcat found them
> and authenticated them.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message