tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <>
Subject Re: Realm Authentication and Password Change
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:06:04 GMT
You could use a Filter. Once authenticated, the filter can check to see if
the user's password needed changed. If so, you can sendRedirect() or let the
next filter in the chain do its thing.

Shain, Jim wrote:

> Goal: Using forms based authentication, a user logs into a site with a valid user ID/password,
and is redirected to a page explaining that the password has expired and user must change
their password.
> What's a good way to reach this goal? I've been working with a custom realm module, so
I know when the password needs to be changed, I just can't figure out how to redirect the
user to the password change page.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message