tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: Realm Authentication and Password Change
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2003 18:06:04 GMT
You could use a Filter. Once authenticated, the filter can check to see if
the user's password needed changed. If so, you can sendRedirect() or let the
next filter in the chain do its thing.

-Tim

Shain, Jim wrote:

> Goal: Using forms based authentication, a user logs into a site with a valid user ID/password,
and is redirected to a page explaining that the password has expired and user must change
their password.

> What's a good way to reach this goal? I've been working with a custom realm module, so
I know when the password needs to be changed, I just can't figure out how to redirect the
user to the password change page.