tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: LDAP Configuration And Passwords
Date Sun, 09 Nov 2003 15:36:57 GMT
You can extend JNDIRealm on your own to create your own authentication.

The ideal solution is the read protect server.xml so only the appropraite
parties are allowed to read it. Anything else is "insecure." (Except having
someone type in a password at start up which tomcat doesn't have that
functonality)

-Tim

Edwin K. Brown wrote:
> Hello,
> I have set up Tomcat in the standalone mode to do user authorization by using LDAP.
>
> We don't allow anonymous browsing of the LDAP tree, so the connectionUser and connectionPassword
attributes have to be used in the JNDIRealm configuration.