tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Christopher Schultz <>
Subject Re: jndi problem
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2003 02:50:19 GMT
>>If you are using a Realm with your JNDI datasource, then you'll have to
>>have the DataSource defined at the global level. That's what I found
>>while doing the same thing. You can define the Realm at the Context
>>level, but you'll need a reference to the global datasource in the
>>context, and then another reference in your web.xml to the same thing.
> Tried it, but no joy.  I finally got with the times and replaced
> mod_webapp with mod_jk, and voila, everthing works (without changing
>  anything in my configuration files -- except for the new connector stuff
> of course)  In the meantime I found a number of threads that hinted at the
> same problems I was experiencing.  I think I'm better off without
> mod_webapp.

That's totally weird. I have a hard time believing that the connector 
made the difference. Oh, well. Just another reason not to use mod_webapp.

I dunno what happened. First, there was mod_jserv. And it was good. 
Then, god made like 10 other connectors and most of them died out. Jk2 
seems to be the winner, but has a few common configuration problems (I 
see questions about shm_init all the time). I stick to jk2, which has 
never given me a problem and I compile it myself.


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message