tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Christopher Schultz <christopher.d.schu...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: jndi problem
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 23:30:44 GMT
Bill,
> Am I missing something here?  I have successfully(???) configured a
> connection pool, which I can use when accessing my app via port 8080.

Well, if you can use it then you have been successful. Can you use it or
can't you?

> However, when I try to do the same using apache/mod_webapp, I am unable
> to get a connection.

The use of mod_webapp should not interfere with any CP stuff.

> Is this a problem with mod_webapp, or do I simply need to relocate my
> resource in server.xml (it is currently at the <context> level)

If you are using a Realm with your JNDI datasource, then you'll have to
have the DataSource defined at the global level. That's what I found
while doing the same thing. You can define the Realm at the Context
level, but you'll need a reference to the global datasource in the
context, and then another reference in your web.xml to the same thing.

-chris