tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tim Funk <funk...@joedog.org>
Subject Re: large class file generated..
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 12:09:32 GMT
Since a JSP is converted to java code, the jsp runs in a method called
_jspService (or a very similar name as dicated by the spec).

The java language itself has a constraint that no method may be larger than
the upper limit you are running into.

[I think jasper generates an out.print() for each "\n" combo instead of
combining them. I can't remember...] Anyhoo ... See $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml
to turn on mapped files which (I think) moves that static content to another
file.

Otherwise, if possible split the file and use jsp:include to include content
if possible. It you are using @page include extensively - that would be a
problem too since that helps you file to become bloated very quickly.

-Tim