tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Florian Ebeling <feb...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: problems with dbcp
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:52:15 GMT
Hi,

Edson Alves Pereira wrote:
> 	Hello folks, i followed what is written in tomcat-4.1.x´s JDNI
> DataSource documentation, but i getting this error:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: DBCP could not obtain an idle db connection, pool
> exhausted

Edson, which Tomcat versions do you use? I was puzzled why the example
would not work and moved from my 4.1.24 to the most recent one, 4.1.29.
Now it works without any further changes. I for one found it helpful to
use my old configuration and custom app files by specifying
CATALINA_BASE as to point to the old tomcat installation dir.

-Florian