tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Vincent Aumont <vincent.aum...@vsl.ca>
Subject Re: Opinions
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:42:53 GMT
No need to be annoyed (or to buy a bigger monitor). This post was about
Java's portability  and the notion of process ownership. My point was
that you can't have native support for this feature because not all OS's
support it. That's why you have to include native code for a particular
S. I know commons-deamons works on *Nix (Solaris, Linux, etc) but I'm
not sure about other operating systems. Hence the comment:  "it's doable
but not portable".

-Vincent.