tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Yair Zohar <y...@ard.huji.ac.il>
Subject Installing new web application
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 15:38:53 GMT
Hello,
I've been trying to install a new web application on tomcat 4.1.18
It's a very simple application (only one jsp that displays something)
I couldn't do it with the 'Tomcat Web Application Manager' although I
fllowed the documentaion exactly.
I succeded installing it by the command:
'http://hostname:8080/manager/install?path=/test&war=file:/usr/local/tomcat/webapps/test'
(I put the application in dir 'test' inside dir 'webapps' before giving
the command).
Now I have the problem that the application doesn't persist after tomcat
restart.

Can someone tell me what are the actions that should be taken to
install such an application ?
I copied ROOT/WEB_INF/web.xml file to test/WEB_INF/web.xml, should I add
something to this file ?
Is there documentation out of the jakarta site that can help me with this?

Thanks,
Yair