tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luigi Bai <>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Tomcat 4.1.29 Stable and Apache Tomcat 5.0.14 Beta released
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2003 21:06:16 GMT

I have to admit I'm impressed by how politely you said RTFM. :-) You're
right; I had gotten out of the habit of reading the BUILDING file, and
I'd forgotten it was there. I'll make sure all my dependencies match up
by version and will try again. My guess is that I won't need to rebuild
(this isn't C++, after all) but will likely just need to drop the right
jars into place.

Still points out how useful Maven would be, though. I have to be able to
build the dist from source; if I can't, then I can't audit the app

Sriram N wrote:

> Hi:
> HAve you looked at
> ? This file contains information on building against different versions of
> Xerces.
> I have a dim recollection that the Xerces was changed recently, though I dont'
> remember if I read this for the 5.x series or the 4.x series.
> As a last resort to get to the bottom of the matter, you could download the
> binary release, and check the changelog.
> -- SRiram

<A HREF="">Home Page</A>
education is what's left after what is learned is forgotten.
                                -- b f skinner
Luigi P. Bai                   Focal Point Software, Inc.             3701 Kirby Drive, Suite 512
turning data into information  Houston, TX   77098
                                (713) 215-1600 x 33#

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message