tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pike <p...@kw.nl>
Subject Re: Sending to Printer?
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 22:44:10 GMT
Hi

>> >Is there any code I could use to send something to a printer?
> >You can use the JavaScript window.print() function ;)

> That's it eh. I always try to do things without JavaScript

tomcat runs on the server. if you want to print on the client side,
you'll have to program something on the client side.  like ...
javascript.
or a java applet. or flash (?).

if your webpage is css'ed, there are easy ways to make a
'printerfriendly'
style without changing the page. try

	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"  href="path/to/screen.css"
media="screen"  />
	<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="path/to/print.css"
media="print" />

users still have to press the printbutton (or a javascript link),
but the browser should honor a style change.

gluck,
*pike