tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Manty, George" <>
Subject RE: Microsoft Certificate Services
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 21:38:22 GMT
Try selecting Base64 encoded certificate instead of DER encoded.  Also
from what I understand keytool will only import certificates with a key
size under 4096 bits.  If your certificate's public key is 4096 bits or
bigger you won't be able to import into your keystore with keytool.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hart, Justin []
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 10:27 AM
To: Tomcat Users List (E-mail)
Subject: Microsoft Certificate Services

Hey, I'm trying to import certificates from Microsoft Certificate
Services into my keystore for use with SSL in tomcat (what a mouthful).

Having problems, keytool says that the certs are not in x.509 format,
but I selected DER (x.509) from Microsoft Certificate Services.  Is
there a known problem with doing this?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

To unsubscribe, e-mail: