tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mohamed Metwaly <mohamed_tom...@yahoo.ca>
Subject Browser Hangs
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:09:48 GMT
Hi all,

  I have a an application that depends on session timeout to manage security. If I continuously
navigate through the different jsp pages of the application and then logout, everything is
ok, but if I leave any of the pages untill the session timesout, then there is a great possibility
that after I login again (from the SAME BROWSER WINDOW) that the second (or third) jsp after
login will hang. I get no error whatsoever on the server (not in tomcat's, my own error log,
or even windows). I inserted a few system.out to check whether the whole jsp is executed,
and yes it is. What I noticed is that while the browser is waiting for something, if I "View
Source", I find the whole html as expected, but it does not get displayed. I think that this
has to do with the http connection not being terminated properly. I also noticed that if I
open a new browser window, everything just runs fine. By the way, I do a static include in
one of the files that hangs, I suspected this to be the source of
 the problem, but the other file that hangs has no include.

Thanks for your help in advance.