tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "deric stroud" <deric.str...@ifrance.com>
Subject Forcing SSL to handle requests
Date Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:00:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm running a standalone Tomcat webserver 4.0.6 and am trying to force a
resource on my web server to only serve a particular URL through SSL, so
I've inserted the following lines in the web.xml file:

<security-constraint>
     <web-resource-collection>
        <web-resource-name>Protected Context</web-resource-name>
          <url-pattern>/index</url-pattern>
      </web-resource-collection>
      <!-- auth-constraint goes here if you requre authentication -->
      <user-data-constraint>
      </user-data-constraint>
   </security-constraint>

When restarting my webserver, I'm getting the following error message
several times:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The content of element type "web-app"
must match
"(icon?,display-name?,description?,distributable?,context-param*,filter*
,filter-
mapping*,listener*,servlet*,servlet-mapping*,session-config?
,mime-mapping*,welcome-file-list?,error-page*,taglib*,resource-env-ref*,
resource-ref*,security-constraint*,login-config?,security-role*,env-entr
y*,ejb-ref*,ejb-
local-ref*)"
.
PARSE error at line 858 column 11

Could someone help me out on what I've done wrong???

Cheers
Deric

Un mot doux à envoyer? Une sortie ciné à organiser? Faites le en temps
réel avec MSN Messenger! C'est gratuit!   http://ifrance.com/_reloc/m