tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nguyen Anh Tuan <nguyenanht...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Hot deploy in Tomcat4 and Tomcat5
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:17:36 GMT
Hi,
I try to deploy the example attached with this mail in
the folder <TOMCAT>/webaaps. This is a deployment in
appBase directory of Tomcat, and requires no further
configuration.

It is a sample from a book.
It can be run like this:
http://localhost:8080/chapter04/login.html
Then you can input username and passwork to get the
account statement.
You can try username/password : ann/aaa
It is very simple.

With Tomcat 3.2, it works well.

However, with Tomcat 4.1.29 and Tomcat 5.0.14, when I
click the button "Login", I receive this error:

HTTP Status 404 - /chapter04/servlet/LoginServlet

type Status report

message /chapter04/servlet/LoginServlet

description The requested resource
(/chapter04/servlet/LoginServlet) is not available.

Do you have any idea why a deployment like this works
with Tomcat 3.2, but not with 4.1 and 5.0 ?

Thank you.