tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Harrison <peter.harri...@nothingbutnet.co.nz>
Subject Re: need help
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2003 09:12:27 GMT
On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 21:42, S.Gokul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I do have jdk1.3 installed and I have made the changes in the startup.bat
> file in the tomcat bin folder. But still I am not able to run it.
>
> It starts up and then after a few seconds it closes the tomcat window. I
> think its throwing some java exception. Can u help me out.

If you are running under Windows98, and you are trying to use a PIF - (like a
shortcut), you must make sure the memory allocation is set to 4096 bytes. If
you keep it set to "auto" the startup fails. Or at least it did years ago
when I last tried using it under 98.

The problem is that the classpath and system variables set up by the startup
scripts run out of space.

Hope this helps.