tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Javier" <xle...@yahoo.com>
Subject Virtual host and app
Date Sun, 02 Nov 2003 20:04:43 GMT

Hi

I'm new to Tomcat 5 and I trying to get my first virtual host working.

Then I tried to make a test by simply make a HelloWorld servlet deployed in
PruebaJavier directory (below webapps) and I configured Tomcat like this:

host in server.xml
----------------------------
   <Host name="pjkt" debug="0" appBase="PruebaJavier" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true">
                 directory="logs"  prefix="pjkt_access_log." suffix=".txt"
                 pattern="common" resolveHosts="false"/>
                 directory="logs"  prefix="pjkt_error_log." suffix=".txt"
            timestamp="true"/>
   </Host>

-----------------------------

pjkt is name asociated with 127.0.0.1 ip address in host files (in my
WinXP).....(it's a dirty way I use to have virtual hosts in my winXP).

In webapps/PruebaJavier/WEB-INF I've a web.xml file like this:

-------------------------------------
<web-app>

    <display-name>Prueba Javier</display-name>
    <description>
      Prueba Javier
    </description>

    <!-- Define example application events listeners -->
    <listener>
        <listener-class>listeners.ContextListener</listener-class>
    </listener>
    <listener>
        <listener-class>listeners.SessionListener</listener-class>
    </listener>

    <!-- Define servlets that are included in the example application -->

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>HelloWorldExample</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>HelloWorldExample</servlet-class>
    </servlet>

</web-app>

Now I tried to run http://pjkt:8080/HelloWorldExample and nothing happens
!!! No errors in log...nothing to see....

What I did wrong ??

How could I configure a simple vhost and how could I configure my servlet
as default index as I made with Apache with my php applications ? (I dont
want to make jsp files).

Thank in advance !

<jl>