tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rick Fesciuc" <rfesc...@mcnairbd.com>
Subject Upgrading mod_jk to mod_jk2 - problem with uri map to old /servlet
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 23:38:46 GMT
I am in the process of upgrading my servers from:
apache 1.3 , jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1, mod_jk 1.2

to:
apache 2 , jakarta-tomcat-4.1.29, mod_jk 2

I am having problems finding information on how to forward calls to sevlets from jsp's in
the context.

old mod_jk 1.2
JkMount /mycontext/*.jsp worker2
JkMount mycontext/servlet/* worker2

New mod_jk
<Location "/*.jsp">
        JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8025
</Location>
<Location "/bobjects/servlet/*">
        JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:8025
</Location>

I have the workers2.properties file if anyone needs it.
My problems is that I have a number of applications that were built to use the "/mycontext/servlet/servlets.path-to-servlet"
format. When I call the servlets from the jsp it comes back with an error "requested resource
not available error" - (it can't find the path to the servlets) I don't want to rewrite a
large number of jsp files and controllers.

Is there a way to use the new mod_jk2 JkUriSet to allow these calls to the /mycontext/servlet/
without having to fix a large number of jsp files?

Thanks in advance
Rick.....