tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Andoni" <and...@indigo.ie>
Subject Unable to compile class for JSPerror:
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2003 10:54:17 GMT
Hello,

I realise that there are lots of entries about this error message in the log files but my
experience is different to theirs.

I have a perfectly functioning Tomcat 4.0.4 system working with Apache 1.3.26

I get a stack trace only every now and again from a user trying to access a page.  It isn't
always the same page and it doesn't always happen when one of these pages is accessed.

>From archives: 1. I have my JAVA_HOME set correctly. 2. I have a full JDK 1.3.1_08 installed.

Here's the error I get:
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSPerror: Can't read:
<TOMCAT_HOME>/work/<WORK_PATH>/jsp/<MY_FILE>$jsp.java
1 error

When it does this it seems to over-write the already existent .java file in the work directory
with another as though it had not written one in the first place.

Anybody any ideas?

Andoni.