tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thyago Lisboa Mota" <thy...@tre-ce.gov.br>
Subject JSessionID problem
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 22:41:00 GMT
Hi,

    I am facing a problem with jsessionid and I hope u guys can help me.  I have 2 tomcat
(4.1.29 version) configurations, one at W2K (for develop) and another at Linux Red Hat (for
production).  The W2K one is working just fine.  But with the Linux one I always receive the
same ID for the jsessionid, no matter how many times I refresh the page.  Bellow is the JSP
scriptlet I am using for test purpose (file "Session.jsp" saved at webapps\ROOT ):

<%
 out.println("Session ID: " + session);
 out.println("<BR>Date: " + session.getAttribute("date"));
 session.setAttribute("date", new java.util.Date());
 out.println("<br><a href=\"" + response.encodeURL("session.jsp") + "\">Click
here</a>");
%>

  If I test this code from the Linux Tomcat Server (just typing http://myserver/session.jsp
) jsessionid doesn´t change each time a refresh the page... And the link doesnt show jsessionid
either, as should (notice the "encodeURL")

  The configuration files (server.xml) of Tomcats are the same in both plattaforms. The only
difference is the attribute appbase of the host element ("/var/www/webapps" at Linux).

  Any clues ?

Thyago

My server.xml:

<Server
 port="8005"
 shutdown="SHUTDOWN"
   debug="0">

 <Service name="Tomcat-Standalone">

 <Connector
      className="org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteConnector"
   port="8080"
       minProcessors="5"
       maxProcessors="75"
       enableLookups="true"