tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <yansheng....@isogis.com>
Subject RE: [off-topic] jakarta, java, indonesia
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 20:41:09 GMT
maybe I don't have as much geographical knowledge as you do...
But I just don't see the complexity of living on an island and building a city
there, especially when it sounds like a nice place.  Does it have a lot of
earthquakes?
If you name thing 'Tibert', 'Everest' or 'Iraq',  it would be a different story.

Sorry, It's Friday...

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Wright [mailto:erik@spectacle.ca]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 1:09 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: [off-topic] jakarta, java, indonesia

Jakarta is a major city on the island of Java... in addition to being
capital of indonesia.

The city of Jakarta was built on the island of Java. This is the kind of
complex thinking that brought us product names like javabeans, kaffe,
hotjava, espresso, etc...

Who said geeks weren't creative?

-e

Yansheng Lin wrote:

>Oh yeah, 'not coincidentally' they say.  I wonder why they name their
conference
>room 'jakarta' in the first place anyways.  I don't name my bedroom 'Tokyo
>Garden'...

http://www.spectacle.ca/
The Online Source for Live Music in Montreal
.::514.286.1699::.