tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <yansheng....@isogis.com>
Subject RE: Session managing in Tomcat problem
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 20:55:27 GMT
Then why does a session gets created again in the response stage?
Does tomcat need that for anything?  That's annoying!

I invalidate the session at the end of execute() method in my
Struts Action class since I don't need it anymore, then I trace
the code back to RequestDispatcher.java in javax.servlet, only
to realize that the session was created again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: November 4, 2003 11:45 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: Session managing in Tomcat problem

Howdy,

>I want to prevent tomcat creating new session for a particular
>request(i.e.,

You can't do that without hacking tomcat internals to the point where it
is no longer a Servlet Specification-compliant server.

Yoav Shapira

and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately