tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <>
Subject RE: Linux Distribution
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 20:00:21 GMT
Will they still give out patches promptly for fedora?  I doubt it though....

How's freeBSD or openBSD?

-----Original Message-----
From: Wade Chandler []
Sent: November 4, 2003 5:44 AM
To: 'Tomcat Users List'
Subject: RE: Linux Distribution

Actually Red Hat isn't just dropping their free distro.  They are moving
to a model closer to the model you see right here. Why not just use that?  You are used to the Red
Hat setup (I guess).  SuSE is a good distro.  You could also use Debian,
but you'll find Red Hat and SuSE more commercially supported.  Depends
on what you need I guess.  You can still download Fedora for free (all
ISO's).  Their new model is a good thing.  Red Hat developers working
with the rest of the open source community.  Awesome.  They're more