tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <yansheng....@isogis.com>
Subject RE: [off-topic] jakarta, java, indonesia
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 19:17:54 GMT
Oh yeah, 'not coincidentally' they say.  I wonder why they name their conference
room 'jakarta' in the first place anyways.  I don't name my bedroom 'Tokyo
Garden'...

-----Original Message-----
From: Shapira, Yoav [mailto:Yoav.Shapira@mpi.com]
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 12:04 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: [off-topic] jakarta, java, indonesia

Howdy,
Actually, Jakarta "was the name of the Sun conference room in which the
majority of the meetings leading up to the agreement took place; not
coincidentally, it's also the name of Indonesia's capital.)".  The
meetings and agreement above were between Sun and Apache to come up with
an open-source reference implementation of the Servlet and JSP APIs.

See http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-06-1999/jw-06-sunapache.html

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

and/or privileged.  This e-mail is intended only for the individual(s) to whom
it is addressed, and may not be saved, copied, printed, disclosed or used by
anyone else.  If you are not the(an) intended recipient, please immediately