tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Yansheng Lin" <>
Subject [off-topic] jakarta, java, indonesia
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:31:55 GMT

What's the connection between this place and the name of jakarta we use?

The creator of the jakarta project was born there?

-----Original Message-----
From: Rodrigo Ruiz []
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2003 1:39 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: "hot" deploy

Leonardo Kenji Shikida wrote:

>is there an easy way to deploy a web application over another existent
>one without stopping tomcat and without killing the current sessions?
Hi Leonardo,
You can redeploy a webapp through the admin or manager applications. I
have not tested myself, but I think that if you configure a persistent
session manager (you can find more info on this in the configuration
reference), active sessions should be stored before the webapp shutdown,
and reloaded upong restarting it.

Rodrigo Ruiz

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: