tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "cyril vidal" <cyr.vi...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject form authentication doesnt't work well
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 10:37:51 GMT
Hi,

Perhaps the problem is well known.
I'm under Tomcat/4.1.18-LE-jdk14

When I use form authentication, with the following code snippet included in web.xml:

<web-app>
<security-constraint>

<web-resource-collection>

<web-resource-name>declarativetest</web-resource-name>

<url-pattern>/servlet/chapter9.DeclarativeSecureServlet</url-pattern>

<http-method>POST</http-method>

</web-resource-collection>

</security-constraint>

<login-config>

<auth-method>FORM</auth-method>

<form-login-config>

<form-login-page>/formlogin.html</form-login-page>

<form-error-page>/formerror.html</form-error-page>

</form-login-config>

</login-config>

</web-app>

when I access my servlet http://localhost:8080/servlet/chapter9.DeclarativeSecureServlet via
POST method, I have to fill the form http://localhost:8080/security/formlogin.html: that's
confrom to  the informations given in web.xml (<form-login-page>).

However, when I fill correctly this form, I have the output of doGet method of the DeclarativeSecureServlet
and not the output of doPost method as expected!!

However, all works well when I run the same example with BASIC autthentication method instead
of FORM one.

Is this bug fixed in a more recent version of Tomcat?

Thanks in advance for your response,

Regards,

Cyril.