tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Sarel Bester" <sar...@laragh.com>
Subject Security certificates in Tomcat 4.1.27 w/ Windows 2003 Server?
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2003 17:04:26 GMT
Good day

I am not an advanced user so I hope you understand what I am trying to
explain below.

I installed an application on Tomcat 4.1.27 on a Windows 2003 server.
Everything seems to go OK except for a page that should be generated by some
Javascript (.js) code.  Part of creating the final page is serving/checking
a security certificate.  It is at this point that the page doesn't load
completely.  It seems that my very standard TC installation doesn't deal
with the certificate.

To test this theory I unloaded the ISAPI redirector from IIS 6 and went
directly to the page that I require.  It loads to the point where the
certificate come in.  At this point the JRE Plugin brings up a window asking
me if I want to grant access to the certificate.  I click "Grant always" and
the page then finish loading successfully.  In Tomcat 3.3 I didn't get this
issue (but then the TC 3.3 installation isn't on Windows 2003 Server, it is
on Windows 2000 Server).

Is there something I need to define/declare extra for this app to
accept/handle security certificates?

My environment is
Windows 2003 server
ISAPI redirector v1.2.5
Tomcat 4.1.27
Java SDK 1.4.2_01

Thanks in advance

Sarel Bester
Laragh Skills (formerly SmartForce Africa)
Work:  +27 11 2340690
Fax:  +27 11 2340790
Cell:  +27 82 8825009
e-mail: sarelb@laragh.com