tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "bwasko" <bwa...@o2.pl>
Subject lame,encoding problem
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 00:45:26 GMT
Hi
I have a strange problem.
On my jsp pages use utf-8 encoding. Because of problems in my struts application I use the
tomcat-example-encoding-filter and set it in web.xml to utf-8 and to processing all requests
. It works , tomcat starts normally . When I submit a form i can get the request parameters
properly encoded and properly write them with for example System.out.print().
But then when I do something with these parameters and my mysql database I get then them wrong
encoded and all data read from mysql are wrong encoded .
What is wrong???
I use MS Windows XP and tomcat 4.1.29
My Locale is pl_PL.
Cheers Bartek Waśko