tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wade Chandler" <wchand...@redesetgrow.com>
Subject RE: Slow on Linux
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 19:34:41 GMT
Just wondering.  Did you know that every Postgres connection creates a
system process, and not a thread?  PostgreSQL uses Fork.  I don't use it
because of this.  DB Connection = Separate Process.  I use Firebird.
You can use Firebird 1.5 even.  That's just a consideration since you
are posting about performance.

Wade

-----Original Message-----
From: Yonatan Goraly [mailto:ygoraly@sbcglobal.net]
Sent: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 3:05 AM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: Re: Slow on Linux

I have read that Suse linux team has been working closely with AMD to
support AMD64, and I am going to try their commercial product
(professional edition, $130).
I know that SUN plan to have an AMD64 version for the JDK 1.5, which
should be next year.

The reason for choosing the Linux OS is not Java, but the database. I
plan to use PostgreSQL 7.4, and they have a builds for suse x86_64, so
it looks promising.