tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wade Chandler" <wchand...@redesetgrow.com>
Subject RE: Linux Distribution
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2003 12:43:56 GMT
Actually Red Hat isn't just dropping their free distro.  They are moving
to a model closer to the model you see right here.
http://fedora.redhat.com Why not just use that?  You are used to the Red
Hat setup (I guess).  SuSE is a good distro.  You could also use Debian,
but you'll find Red Hat and SuSE more commercially supported.  Depends
on what you need I guess.  You can still download Fedora for free (all
ISO's).  Their new model is a good thing.  Red Hat developers working
with the rest of the open source community.  Awesome.  They're more
open.

Wade

-----Original Message-----
From: Laurent Michenaud [mailto:lmichenaud@adeuza.fr]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 7:23 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Linux Distribution

Hi,

We are actually using the RedHat Linux Distribution for our developpment
environnment.

Redhat doesn't offer anymore free patches for Redhat anterior to version
9. Free Patches for Redhat 9.0 will stop on 30 avril.

We are thinking about choosing another distribution.

What distribution do u use actually and which one would u choose instead
of Redhat ?

Thanks