tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Thomas Reiter" <...@xlab.cc>
Subject AW: setting up multiple realms for apps deployed using ant install task?
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 22:00:21 GMT
Hi

Yes you have to specify a context for each App.
You can do this using a e.g. appOneContext.xml file.
Therein make your context description like you are used from server.xml

Bind the context in your ant task with
config="file://anywhere/appOneContext.xml"

Regards

Tom

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Paul Tomsic [mailto:ptomsic@yahoo.com]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 13. November 2003 22:38
An: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Betreff: setting up multiple realms for apps deployed using ant install
task?

How do you set up multiple realms for different
webapps that are installed using ant?
We don't have any context tags in the server.xml
file other than for the manager app.
Our applications are installed using install from our
build.xml in ant:
<install url="http://localhost:8080/manager"
  username="manager" password="manager"
  path="/"
  war="file://${build.home}"/>

Then that app becomes the root application running on
Tomcat.
In our server.xml :
<Engine name="Standalone" defaultHost="localhost"
debug="0">
  <Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true">
   <Realm
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
driverName="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://10.112.1.2/app?user=a&amp;password=b"
userTable=""   etc.......>

But we've got other applications that run as
/appOne
/appTwo
etc.

How would we have these other applications look to
their own realm database for authentication w/o using
<Context> tags?  And if we do need to use <Context>
tags for each application, how do we install using
ANT?

Thanks
Paul