tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Eric Chow" <ec...@macaucabletv.com>
Subject clustering question for newbie ???
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:25:31 GMT
Hello,

I setup an environment to make two Tomcat servers in clustering and with the
Apache for Load Balance.

All the configuration is no problem. when one Tomcat crashed, it can switch
to another one.

But I wonder if the new one can keep the session attributes ?

For example,

An application create a session in Tomcat1, and setAttribute() into that
session. After that, the Tomcat1 is crashed.

Apache will switch it to Tomcat2, but the Tomcat2 will create another new
session for that application. Therefore, the attributes in the previous
Tomcat1's session is destroyed.

I am a newbie in clustering, is that Clustering ike that can't keep the
session values to another server ????

Eric