tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Fredrik Håård <fred...@haard.se>
Subject Tomcat 5.0.12: Proxy with mod_proxy and HttpConnector not possible?
Date Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:50:29 GMT
Hi,
I've been working with Tomcat for a while and just migrated my webapps to
my Debian box. Since I'm, already running Apache I thought it a good idea
to use Apache as a proxy for Tomcat, and for simplicity I settled for the
solution specified at this address:

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/proxy-howto.html

However, when trying this solution I get a ClassNotFoundException (from
catalina.out):

Catalina.start: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.catalina.connector.http.HttpConnector

Furthermore, when reading up on Tomcat documentation,
org.apache.catalina.connector.http does no longer seem to exist in Tomcat
5. I tried googling for the exception and for Tomcat 5 and mod_proxy, but
ended up with nothing useful.

So, is the documentation out of synch and I should use JK2, or did I miss
something?

If I have to use JK, can you point me to a good reference source, the link
in the Tomcat docs seem broken - at least I end up at the Jakarta binary
distributions.

Fredrik
--
fredrik at haard dot se