tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ravichandran Mahalingam" <mravichand...@hotmail.com>
Subject Questions on Tomcat 5012/isapi_redirect_1.2.5.dll
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2003 18:03:18 GMT
dear administrator,

I have a couple of questions: and a apology for creating 2 error logs that
were uncalled for:

0. I got my tomcat 5012 to work and created my own contexts inside the
tomcat
folders and outside the tomcat folders and both of them worked fine.

1. i opened 23891 and 23980 errors; i was able to get the
isapi_redirect_1.2.5.dll
and Tomcat 5012 to use the same for getting the green arrow in the IIS ISAPI
section. I have
uriworker.properties amd worker.properties in /conf directory.

let me know whether tomcat 5012 and isapi_redirect_1.2.5 are the correct
versions.  in the
download page for the isap_, there were not any clear instructions about
which version
should be used with what.  there are conflicting storires I hear about
_redirect.dll
and _redirector.dll

2. when i get a servlet to work by typing
http://localhost:8080/.../servlet/HelloWorldExample,
the webpage works fine.  however, when I remove the :8080 and try:
http://localhost/.../servlet/HelloWorldExample, I do not get anything.  I
get a page not
found error.

I do not know whether the above scenario has got something to work with the
uncommenting
invoker/servlet in the conf/web.xml

2a.  when i uncommented out the invoker/servlet section in the conf/web.xml
(ver 5.0.12),
the tomcat failed to load on http://localhost:8080

3.  modjk-.dll? do i need this for my current scenario.

4. isapi_log.txt has the following errors.
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (548)]: jk_ws_service_t::read, ReadClient failed
[jk_ajp_common.c (1303)]: ERROR: Client connection aborted or network
problems
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (548)]: jk_ws_service_t::read, ReadClient failed
[jk_ajp_common.c (1303)]: ERROR: Client connection aborted or network
problems
[jk_isapi_plugin.c (548)]: jk_ws_service_t::read, ReadClient failed
[jk_ajp_common.c (1303)]: ERROR: Client connection aborted or network
problems

if these are 'trivial' stuff and have documents to help me out, pl. go ahead
and send
me the URL.

one thing i find through the site, is the fact that the documentation
assumes 'expertise'
of tomcat - that is not true for an IIS and windows guys trying to
understand tomcat.

thanks and regards
Ravi.